Below are the 21 victims, 18 of who were killed, in The Robb Elementary School Massacre. I wish I could say this would never happen again but until gun control laws are changed, it’s going to occur over and over and over. Because politicians and gun manufacturers and gun lobbyists don’t care about the lives of human beings.
It’s happened again. 212 mass shootings in 144 days. Why are we okay with this? Ten years ago, innocent children were killed at Sandy Hook Elementary. We thought that would be the incident to finally result in change. Yet here we are again. In that decade, there has been no meaningful federal action. Now we’re seeing it happen to nuestra gente — to boys and girls who could be our children, cousins, nieces and nephews; to teachers who could be our spouses, siblings, colleagues or friends. 19 children and 2 teachers died yesterday at Robb Elementary, a school in Uvalde, Texas that’s 90% Latino and 87% economically disadvantaged. So, what can we do to help? EveryTown.org has a petition you can sign that was started by Moms Demand Action. Or make a donation to the official Robb Elementary Memorial Fund via Zelle using the email email@example.com. Make checks payable to “Robb School Memorial Fund” and send to: 200 E. Nopal St., Uvalde, TX 78801
Eva Mireles 44, fourth-grade teacher.
Irma Garcia, 46, co-teacher
Uziyah Garcia, 8
Amerie Jo Garza, 10
Xavier Lopez, 10
Jackie Cazares, 10
Annabelle Rodriguez, 10
Eliahana Cruz Torres, 10
Jose Flores Jr, 10
Makenna Lee Elrod, 10
Jailah Nicole Silguero, 11
Jayce Carmelo Luevanos, 10
Alithia Ramirez, 10
Ellie Garcia, 10
Tess Marie Mata, 10
Rogelio Torres, 10
Alexandria Aniyah Rubio, 10
Nevaeh Bravo, 10
Maite Yuleana Rodriguez, 10
Miranda Mathis, 11
Layla Salazar, 10
As the community of Uvalde mourns this tragic event, several groups have already started to organize resources to provide aid for nuestra gente. Here’s how you can help:
- Donate to the official Robb Elementary Memorial Fund via Zelle using the email firstname.lastname@example.org; or make a check payable to “Robb School Memorial Fund” and mail to: 200 E. Nopal St., Uvalde, TX 78801.
- If you live in the area, donate blood to South Texas Blood and Tissue and the University Health blood drives.
- Help fundraise for victims’ families through the Texas Elementary School Shooting fundraiser on GoFundMe.
- Send a check to the city of Uvalde to help cover medical expenses. Send to: City of Uvalde, P.O. Box 799, Uvalde, Texas 78802.
- Lawyers can volunteer with the San Antonio Legal Service Association’s efforts to provide legal counsel for victims’ families by emailing UvaldeResponse@sa-lsa.org.
- Help in the fight to end gun violence by visiting EveryTown.org and signing the petition started by the organization Moms Demand Action.
Parts of this blog post were taken from https://projectpulso.org/2022/05/25/uvalde-massacre/
Many thanks to projectpulso.org for the contributions to this blog post. I know this will happen again. There will be more school massacres. There will be more children’s lives lost. The only way this never happens again is if laws and protections are put in place to prevent the availability of weapons of mass destruction, better known as automatic weapons, in the hands of human beings.